Re: pipe read hang on Win 2000

From: J . B .
Subject: Re: pipe read hang on Win 2000
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 19:39:50 +0000

Thanks for the reply, Rob.  One thing you didn't do (or at least your output
doesn't show it) that I mentioned in my original message is to nest this
makefile 5 or 6 directories deep and recursively call it from the top level.
If you do that, I think you'll get the hang.  I noticed that you removed the
line that says "cd testdir2 && $(MAKE)".  You'll need to put that in and
recursively call this makefile about 5 levels deep.  I've also attached a
zipfile with a directory structure and makefiles to reproduce the problem.
Just unzip the file, preserving the directory structure then run make from the
top level directory.

Thanks,

JB