make-alpha

Test release for auto-retooling

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Test release for auto-retooling
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:12:13 -0400

There's a test release of GNU make available.  It does _NOT_ have all
the features merged in that I expect the next version to have.

There are a bunch of bug fixes, etc., but the main change is the
incorporation of the new autotool suite: autoconf 2.53, automake 1.6.1,
and gettext 0.11.2.

So, I'm mainly looking for people to test the configure/compile steps on
as many different platforms as possible, especially the DOS/Windows and
VMS folks, but also AIX, HP-UX, etc. etc.  I've tried it on Debian
GNU/Linux 3.0, Solaris (7), and SunOS 4.1.4 (with the old cc), so that's
not much variety.

Let me know if you have problems.  Thanks.

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/make/make-3.79.2a1.tar.gz

Or, if you prefer:

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/make/make-3.79.2a1.tar.bz2

 Paul D. Smith <address@hidden> HASMAT: HA Software Mthds & Tools