mailman

Re: recurring messages about spam in moderation queue

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: recurring messages about spam in moderation queue
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 20:18:29 -0600

Hello Jim,

Jim Garrison wrote:
> There is spam that recently arrived in the moderation queue of
> gnomoradio-artists@nongnu.org, and I am now receiving daily reminder
> emails about it.  I do not remember the list moderator password, or the
> administrator password, and I do not see a way to reset either.  Please
> find a way to stop what are (now, to me) the daily spam emails.

I have deleted the spam message from the hold queue.  That will give
you immediate relief.

I see that gnomoradio-artists is not taking advantage of the *new*
since 2003 when gnomoradio was set up listhelper team anti-spam
system.  That's new since the gnomoradio-artists was set up.  I will
speculatively set that up because it will prevent you getting spam'd
like this moving forward.

I see that this is a very low use mailing list and hasn't had any
activity since 2006.  What is the status of gnomoradio-artists?  Is
this a list that should be put into an archive only state?  It's no
trouble for us either way.

I will reset the list password and send it to you.

Bob