ftp site question

From: Bryan Gonzalez
Subject: ftp site question
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 02:39:30 -0500

If there is a better place to ask this question, please let me know.
It would appear that the m4-latest links on
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/m4/ are pointing to m4-1.4.17. Is this
intentional?

Also I encountered a problem compiling m4 with gcc 10.2.0. It didn't
like _FORTIFY_SOURCE being redefined. I fixed it with a quick patch to
configure.ac, but I was unable to find any information regarding the
support status of 1.4.18. I do see it hasn't been updated in 4-5 yrs
and that there is a newer branch in git. Are you accepting patches for
1.4.x ?

Thanks in advance.

-B