Re: expansion

From: Jack Woehr
Subject: Re: expansion
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:49:32 -0700

Josef Vukovic wrote:

define(`foo',`foo is not bar') this cause a infinite loop.
OH!!!

Yes, that's a very important use case that we all encounter. Correct is:

define(`foo',``foo' is not `bar'')

The answer to this sort of thing is always more levels of quoting.

I don't think anyone on the list quite understood your question, so please
excuse that I cc: the list to close the issue in people's minds.

--
Jack J. Woehr            # «'I know what "it" means well enough, when I find
http://www.well.com/~jax # a thing,' said the Duck: 'it's generally a frog or