/usr/lib/charset.alias

From: Dermot McCluskey
Subject: /usr/lib/charset.alias
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 19:50:39 +0100

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the correct alias for this question.

Where can I find out more about the /usr/lib/charset.alias
file installed by m4 (1.4.9)?

On my system (Solaris) this file is already installed by
glib and there is a similar table in /usr/lib/iconv/alias.

Is /usr/lib/charset.alias a recognized, stable interface?

Would it be a big job for me to patch m4 to use the
existing iconv and gettext on my system rather than
/usr/lib/charset.alias?

Any pointers appreciated.

Regards,
- Dermot