m17n-list

[libotf] pkg-config Libs and Cflags

From: Harshula
Subject: [libotf] pkg-config Libs and Cflags
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 18:41:05 +0100

Hi Handa-san,

1) I've been applying the attached patch to libotf in Debian, for nearly 2 years, based on my understanding of the pkg-config man page:

pkg-config(1):
Libs:  This  line  should give the link flags specific to your package.
        Don't add any flags for required packages; pkg-config  will  add
        those automatically.
Cflags:
        This  line  should list the compile flags specific to your pack‐
        age.  Don't add any flags for required packages; pkg-config will
        add those automatically.

2) The upstream CVS has committed a patch that modifies libotf.pc like so:
-Libs: @FREETYPE_LD_FLAGS@ -L${libdir} -lotf
-Cflags: @FREETYPE_INC@ -I${includedir}
+Libs: @FREETYPE_LIBS@ -L${libdir} -lotf
+Cflags: @FREETYPE_CFLAGS@ -I${includedir}

3) Do you have any thoughts regarding patch (1) Vs patch (2)?

4) What are your thoughts on creating a libotf git repository adjacent to the m17n-lib and m17n-db repositories? That would complete the transition.

Thanks,
Harshula