m17n-list

FWD: ar-translit.mim suggestion

From: Joop Kiefte
Subject: FWD: ar-translit.mim suggestion
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 10:46:37 -0700

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: rany <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 18:37:36 +0200
Subject: ar-translit.mim suggestion

Hello Joop,

Thank you so much for your contribution to `ar-translit.mim`. It has helped me a lot as an Arabic speaker, however, you have a made a small error which makes writing "ى" impossible.

In the file, you put:

  ("a" "ى")

but there was already in the beginning of file:

  ("a" "ا")

I would suggest adding this instead,

and replacing:

with:

I would like to thank you again for that file because it has been very helpful to me.

I have attached the modified m17n file so you could see the diffs more clearly.

Regards,

rany.