|Subject:||Re: [Lzip-bug] Lziprecover 1.16 released|
|Date:||Fri, 5 Sep 2014 18:07:45 +0200|
I am pleased to announce the release of lziprecover 1.16.
Lziprecover is a data recovery tool and decompressor for files in the lzip compressed data format (.lz) able to repair slightly damaged files, recover badly damaged files from two or more copies, extract data from damaged files, decompress files and test integrity of files.
Lziprecover is able to recover or decompress files produced by any of the compressors in the lzip family; lzip, plzip, minilzip/lzlib, clzip and pdlzip.
The lzip file format is designed for data sharing and long-term data archiving. It is clean, provides very safe 4 factor integrity checking, and is backed by the recovery capabilities of lziprecover.
A nice feature of the lzip format is that a corrupt byte is easier to repair the nearer it is from the beginning of the file. Therefore, with the help of lziprecover, losing an entire archive just because of a corrupt byte near the beginning is a thing of the past.
The homepage is at http://www.nongnu.org/lzip/lziprecover.html
The sources can be downloaded from
Please, note that I have created the subdirectory 'lziprecover' in order to leave every tarball in its place "permanently" (instead of moving old tarballs to the "old" directory). This will break some things now (like watch files), but I have been told that it will be easier for distros this way. Sorry for the inconveniences.
The sha1sums are:
This release is also GPG signed. You can download the signature by appending ".sig" to the URL.
Changes in version 1.16:
* Repairing of single-byte errors is now about 10 times faster depending on file size and position of error.
* Copying of file dates, permissions, and ownership now behaves like "cp -p". (If the user ID or the group ID can't be duplicated, the file permission bits S_ISUID and S_ISGID are cleared).
* Some minor improvements have been made.
* "lziprecover.texinfo" has been renamed to "lziprecover.texi".
* The license has been changed to GPL version 2 or later.
Please send bug reports and suggestions to address@hidden
Antonio Diaz, lziprecover author and maintainer.
Lzip-bug mailing list
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|