lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] latest mac edition of Lynx?

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] latest mac edition of Lynx?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:13:24 +0000 (UTC)

Karen Lewellen dixit:

> All I asked for the guy on the mac vision list was the current mac os that
> lynx
> has been tested with, and the edition of lynx...

There’s no editions of lynx, other than doslynx because that
needs special adaptions, and, perhaps, the old maclynx for
systems from the last century.

Mac OSX is a unix system modern enough to support any lynx.

If you look at macports, they ship lynx 2.8.9rel.1, so that
version would have been tested. This is the current “release”,
albeit from 2018.

If you look at Fink, they also ship lynx 2.9.0dev.10, which
is the current “developed” version’s latest issue. They ship
this as stable for all OSX versions from 10.9 onwards. This
implies it’s been tested, too.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
08:05⎜<XTaran:#grml> mika: Does grml have an tool to read Apple
     ⎜    System Log (asl) files? :)