lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] about user agent headers

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] about user agent headers
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 12:43:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi again,

On Sun, 14 Nov 2021, russellbell@gmail.com wrote:
        Quoth Karen Lewellen: 'I wish it was an edit box, not a single
line so I could cut and paste instead of typing from memory lol.'
        I don't know what you mean.  It's a single line you can paste
a string into: what makes it not an edit box?
fine question.  here is hoping the answer makes sense.
For at least the shellworld setup for lynx, there is an associated editor. One that allows me, at least if the command "use control x e for editor" is spoken by lynx when I am on a field. If it is a single line, I cannot employ my editor. Meaning I cannot use control r and bring a file into the edit line.
I would have to type it manually.
Still, its been a while since I  tested the theory.
Does that make more sense?
Karen

russell bell