lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Missing First Letter?

From: Tim Chase
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Missing First Letter?
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 12:57:35 -0500

I received the sample Poltico email you forwarded.  Looking at the
underlying HTML, it looks like there are "fancy quotes" before the
characters that I noticed missing.  For example, I see a fancy-quote
(0x201c) followed by the display of "eter Navarro" where the
underlying HTML has the fancy-quote followed by "Peter Navarro".
When using "\" to toggle the view-source, I see the same symptoms
within

So the document at least contains the proper characters.  It looks
like Lynx is rendering them (both in regular and view-source) in such
a fashion that the fancy-quote eats the following character. Bug?

-tkc