lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Scrolling on input field with vi keys enabled

From: Kyryl Melekhin
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Scrolling on input field with vi keys enabled
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 20:51:42 +0000

Hello lynx community,

I would like to ask for help in figuring out
how to map the keys ^n and ^p in such a way
that they actually work even when the cursor is
on the input field. If you have the vi keys enabled
the only way to get out of the text input is to use
tab or shift-tab or arrowkeys. The only way to fix
this seems to be changing the line edit style to
bash like. I presume this is because the line edit
has some keybinds of its own that overlap with the
main lynx keybinds. But this is all fine, however,
the annoying part is that now if I want to have
this line edit setting persistent across multiple
machines I have to maintain 2 different config
files, one in /etc/lynx.cfg and the other one
in ~.lynxrc. And it appears that they act like
entirely different config files. Maybe there
is a way I could disable some keys of lineedit
mode, or even remap the ^n and ^p to something else
but it seems like most of the other good keys are
already used. If I have to resort to editing some
source code, I would be very thankful for any clue
on what I have to change. I am C hacker myself
so I am not afraid of doing configuration in source
code. I just haven't spent any time reading the code
yet, so I figured it's better to ask first as it
might save me some time.

Thanks ahead, and Merry Christmas.

Regards,
Kyryl