lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Why doesn't lynx cache newyorker.com home page?

From: russellbell
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Why doesn't lynx cache newyorker.com home page?
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 07:24:16 -0700

        I have limited bandwidth so try to minimize use.
newyorker.com adds hundreds of kilobytes, sometimes a megabyte, of
non-displaying content (but still text, though it has mimencoded
graphics embedded in the page - why do that?) to their pages.
Sometimes I hit the wrong key when I'm on its home page and go back to
mine.  If I go to it again immediately lynx reloads it.  It isn't in
/tmp/lynxXXXXac5yC4/ (or whatever).  Other pages from newyorker.com,
articles, are.  I try to remember to save the page when first I load
it, but I forget sometimes.

russell bell