lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] copy URL to clipboard shortcut

From: s18
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] copy URL to clipboard shortcut
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 04:20:42 +0530

On 4/21/20 1:55 AM, Fadi Barbàra wrote:
> Hi,
> I do not know what is the use case, but I assume something like:
> - you are in a page P
> - you want to copy the url of the page you are in
> - you want to paste that URL in an external application

exactly!

> For that to work with external you need a file `$HOME/.lynx/external` in your
> PC _if_ your lynx has been compiled with the option external.

i added .lynx$ cat external
EXTERNAL:http:echo -n %s|xclip -i:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:wget %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:mpv %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:git clone %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:links -g %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:chrome %s:TRUE

and get with '.' in lynx

   w3m https://cmdt.ch/              │
 │ wget https://cmdt.ch/             │
 │ wget -r https://cmdt.ch/          │
 │ x-www-browser https://cmdt.ch/    │
 │ echo -n https://cmdt.ch/|xclip -i │
 │ wget https://cmdt.ch/             │
 │ mpv https://cmdt.ch/              │
 │ git clone https://cmdt.ch/        │
 │ links -g https://cmdt.ch/         │
 │ chrome https://cmdt.ch/

choosing
echo -n https://cmdt.ch/|xclip -i

is doing nothing (at least nothing in clipboard).
wget for example is working.
???

and where are the the other entries coming from (w3m, ...)?

but this external things is greath!
thanks a lot