lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Copyright violation? How?

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Copyright violation? How?
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 12:03:05 -0500 (EST)

>> Upon setting this, lynx told me

>> WARNING: Misrepresentation of the User-Agent may be a copyright violation!

> Pretty sure it said this instead:

> |Alert!: Use "L_y_n_x" or "Lynx" in User-Agent, or it looks like intentional
> deception!

My dear sir, I cut-and-pasted the message.  I'm quite sure I reported
it correctly.

Perhaps the version you've got says that, but the one I've got - 2.8 -
says (in LYMessages_en.h)

#define UA_COPYRIGHT_WARNING \
 "WARNING: Misrepresentation of the User-Agent may be a copyright violation!"

and issues that message upon setting the user-agent to a string that's
not zero-length and contains neither "Lynx" nor "lynx".

> None.  That message, if it even exists, is wrong.

If it even exists?

Goodbye.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                address@hidden