lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] ..on SOCKS5 support

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] ..on SOCKS5 support
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 20:33:58 +0000 (UTC)

Steffen Nurpmeso dixit:

>library.  That increased the surprise, because all one needs for
>SOCKS5 support, even including the DNS lookup, is to hook
>connect(2) -- that is how i did it, as easy as [1].  And in fact

Really? (About DNS. I disbelieve that, especially as the DNS
server is on the LAN normally.)

>i became inspired by Gaetan Bisson's usocks-06.c, which can be

Ugly, but can be used for inspiration.

>Wouldn't it be much nicer if there would be a -socks=[HOST]:PORT
>command line argument and a simple, always compiled in, wrapper
>around connect, just the way i do it (in [1])?

Yesplease! I tried to look at enabling SOCKS support, for Tor
support, and… there was not even a hint as to which library
was the right one, and the one I found was so bloated…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
When he found out that the m68k port was in a pretty bad shape, he did
not, like many before him, shrug and move on; instead, he took it upon