lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't log on to gmail

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Can't log on to gmail
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:02:16 -0400 (EDT)

> apulse exists to fake tools out that require pulseaudio maybe
> something similar needs writing to fake other systems out on
> javascript too.

The latter, unfortunately, leads to in an arms race with the client
side ending up with a js implementation.  This is because the js sent
over to test whether js is supported can be arbitrarily complicated, so
the client can have to execute arbitrary js computations to make the
test pass.

Pulseaudio, as I understand it, does not involve a fully-general
language implementation, so it's a lot easier to fake out.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                address@hidden