lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] how do I use an external menu?

From: Chime Hart
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how do I use an external menu?
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 06:44:30 -0700

Well Russell: External menus are quite wonderful, probably had them working since 2008 with 4programs, which you will see in my lynx.cfg file. I don't know if you can use other keystrokes to enter these menus, but here they are comma and period.
KEYMAP:,:EXTERN_PAGE           # Run external program with current page
KEYMAP:.:EXTERN_LINK           # Run external program with current link
EXTERNAL_MENU:http:youtube-viewer/custom:yv-custom  %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL:http:lynx %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL_MENU:http:youtube-dl:/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl  %s:TRUE
#EXTERNAL_MENU:http:quvi:/home/chime/bin/quvi-downloader  %s:TRUE
EXTERNAL_MENU:http:urlview:lynx -source -base  %s |urlview -:TRUE
Back again live, among these I find youtube-viewer and urlview most helpful. Urlview is certainly available here in Debian. Good luck
Chime