lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] wcwidth not honoured

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] wcwidth not honoured
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 17:43:12 +0000 (UTC)

With the attached file, running 'lynx x.htm' in an 80x24 uxterm on
MirBSD, or in a GNU screen with ^A:height -w 24 80 on Debian sid,
results in the following screenshots:

-----cutting here may damage your screen surface-----
                                                         Shadowz101 | FanFiction
   The  'power  he  knows  not'  was not love it was something far greater
   watch  as  Harry  Potter  becomes  the  Worlds Strongest Vampire. Super
   Voldemort, Manipulative Dumbledore, Weasley Bashing.
   Crossover - Harry Potter &Strike the Bloodd/ストライク・ザ・ブラッド - Rated:
   English  -  Supernatural  - Chapters: 7 - Words: 41,089 - Reviews: 63 -
   Favs:  232 - Follows: 310 - Updated: 8/28 - Published: 5/24- [Harry P.,
   Hermione G., Gabrielle D., Daphne G.]
-----cutting here may damage your screen surface-----

or, respectively,

-----cutting here may damage your screen surface-----
                                                         Shadowz101 |
FanFiction|                                   The 'power he knows not' was not
love it was something far greater           |
   watch as Harry Potter becomes the Worlds Strongest Vampire. Super

   Voldemort, Manipulative Dumbledore, Weasley Bashing.

   Crossover - Harry Potter &Strike the Bloodd/ストライク・ザ・ブラッド - Rated:|
   English - Supernatural - Chapters: 7 - Words: 41,089 - Reviews: 63 -

   Favs: 232 - Follows: 310 - Updated: 8/28 - Published: 5/24- [Harry P.,

   Hermione G., Gabrielle D., Daphne G.]

-----cutting here may damage your screen surface-----

The text clearly runs off in the right as wcwidth()==2 of the
Japanese characters is not honoured. (In Debian, I have a UTF-8
locale; MirBSD is currently UTF-8-only, so that’s not wrong.)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
> Wish I had pine to hand :-( I'll give lynx a try, thanks.

Michael Schmitz on nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k
a.k.a. {news.gmane.org/nntp}#news.gmane.linux.debian.ports.68k in pine