lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx does NOT default to https support

From: LarryL
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx does NOT default to https support
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 07:29:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
I just installed MacPorts and external libraries OpenSSL or GnuTLS are still foreign to Lynx. Q1: Does Lynx need to be recompiled using './configure --with-ssl --with-gnutls --enable-gnutls-compat'?

Q2: What's the tried-n-true way to uninstall Lynx on OS X, then?
Wishing you a happy day!
LL

$ sudo port -v selfupdate
Password:
--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done

sent 16 bytes  received 55 bytes  28.40 bytes/sec
total size is 85774336  speedup is 1208089.24

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done

sent 16 bytes  received 62 bytes  31.20 bytes/sec
total size is 512  speedup is 6.56
MacPorts base version 2.4.4 installed,
MacPorts base version 2.4.4 downloaded.
--->  Updating the ports tree
Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar

Willkommen auf dem RSYNC-server auf ftp.fau.de.
Nicht all unsere Mirror sind per rsync verfuegbar.

Welcome to the RSYNC daemon on ftp.fau.de.
Not all of our mirrors are available through rsync.

receiving file list ... done
./

sent 68 bytes  received 99 bytes  66.80 bytes/sec
total size is 63812096  speedup is 382108.36
Creating port index in /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports

Total number of ports parsed:   0
Ports successfully parsed:      0
Ports failed:                   0
Up-to-date ports skipped:       19946

--->  MacPorts base is already the latest version

The ports tree has been updated. To upgrade your installed ports, you should run
  port upgrade outdated
$ sudo port upgrade outdated
Nothing to upgrade.
********