lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] On the two recent cases of <div>s inside <a>s

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] On the two recent cases of <div>s inside <a>s
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 13:12:47 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

sorry for opening up a new thread, but I couldn’t reply to either
of the original ones as I had already deleted them.

Someone dug out another (I begin to hate it) HTML 5 incompatibility:
it allows for “flow content (excluding interactive content)” inside
<a> tags, that is, <div> blocks, among others.

In short: https://stackoverflow.com/a/1828032/2171120 and
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/a

This really goes against e.g. the XHTML/1.1 DTD as well,
but it appears that more and more shitty sites are using it.
Lynx perhaps should be able to handle that :|

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yay for having to rewrite other people's Bash scripts because bash
suddenly stopped supporting the bash extensions they make use of