lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx uses the last title

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx uses the last title
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 15:09:17 +0000

On 14/01/18 14:43, address@hidden wrote:
When a page has more than 1 title lynx uses the last.  Every
'New Yorker' article does this: 2 subsequent titles that are 'The New
Yorker'.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/i-just-had-one-of-those-life-changing-bumps-on-the-head
is an example.  The first title is the useful 'I Just Had One of Those
Life-Changing Bumps on the Head | The New Yorker'; lynx displays the
last one instead.

I can only see one title element using view source under Firefox, and it would be invalid HTML for there to be more than one title element <https://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html5-author-20110705/the-title-element.html>.

Normally HTML5 would require well defined behaviour for an erroneous document, but I couldn't, on a quick search, find out how browsers are supposed to cope with multiple title elements.