lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Lynx crashing

From: -d. dunfee
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Lynx crashing
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:39:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I use a mac with lynx in terminal. For some time with two different machines and versions of os10 over some years I get random crashes of lynx.

This happened with older versions of lynx also and only when calling an
external url. and is url independent.  I have used os10 ports using both
the macports and homebrew repositories with the same result.

This most often happens the first time used each day and even for some
times during the day when not browsing for a period or in lynx and not
calling a new url for some time.

While this is annoying I have been hoping others would see it and some new version would address it. Has anyone a suggestion? Is this problem known and a possible fix in the next version?

Here is the crash message that occurs:

A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8.8rel.2

Please notify your system administrator to confirm a bug, and
if confirmed, to notify the lynx-dev list.  Bug reports should
have concise descriptions of the command and/or URL which causes
the problem, the operating system name with version number, the
TCPIP implementation, and any other relevant information.

Do NOT mail the core file if one was generated.

Lynx now exiting with signal:  11
=== Command terminated with signal 6 (Thu Mar 23 15:36:11 2017) ===

cXB