lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem using XING - linux

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem using XING - linux
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2016 20:40:12 -0500

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 03:39:12PM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> That web page is deliberately and very effectively blocking the lynx
> browser even to the point that upper-case q to forcibly quit lynx
> fails to work here using the panix.com version of lynx which is:

I see that it's not working; in a quick check I can see that the page
gets downloaded, and that Lynx is waiting for something.  Checking
a little further, it turns out that the downloaded data is incomplete:

> gzip -d L51870-2934TMP.html.gz

gzip: L51870-2934TMP.html.gz: unexpected end of file

so Lynx does nothing with it.  But that's after a good-sized chunk of
displayable text.  (I can probably pinpoint the problem...)