lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.9dev3 does not check certificate expiration

From: Andreas Metzler
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx 2.8.9dev3 does not check certificate expiration
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 18:54:05 +0100

On 2015-01-24 Thorsten Glaser <address@hidden> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler dixit:

>> The respective function was added in GnuTLS 3.1.4 (released in
>> November 2012).

> How about autoconf’ing this, to keep compat to GnuTLS 2.x?

Hello,

Well, ./configure should probably check for this.  However IMHO usage
of gnutls_certificate_verification_status_print() should not be
#ifdef'ed, ./configure should simply fail on too old GnuTLS. GnuTLS
2.x is ancient (latest bugfix release 2013) and has been marked
obsolete in January 2014.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'