lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] HTTP1.1/ 204 NoContent Error

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] HTTP1.1/ 204 NoContent Error
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 08:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

Oh I can top that one.
I use the main amazon.com site, not the access one. so I first visited to see if things were the same, not recognizing my cookie etc. then I tried Gordon's suggestion, unchecked the box, and my information returned to normal. as in hello Karen Lewellen etc. Likewise the no content error disappeared.
But that is not all.
There are more and more places where I meet with the 403 forbidden error one of them is here.
www.33daypath.com
if you go there with lynx minus the suggested change you will get the forbidden error. For kicks I tried going with the change, and the page displayed perfectly! Agreed it does return to default once you leave the browser because it cannot be saved. But I have a ton of places that I cannot visit which I will be testing again to learn if this plays a role.
Karen