lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] error decompressing temporary file?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] error decompressing temporary file?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 04:25:45 -0500

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:29:08PM -0500, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> Can someone share what normally causes this issue?
> eBay used to have this then it was removed.  now paypal which worked
> with lynx well until about a week ago has this problem.
> I am speaking with someone in their executive office tomorrow so
> want to explain  with more than just my experience if I can.

If the problem is temporary (eBay) using the same client,
then that sounds like the server.  It's possible that an
upgrade changed the real compression to/from deflate, which
you may/may not have (there was some instance of that a few
years ago).  You can configure lynx to say it won't accept
compressed pages to help narrow it down (the "Preferred Encoding"
selection in the options menu).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net