lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] link background in lynx-2.8.6-27

From: Stephen Isard
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] link background in lynx-2.8.6-27
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 16:40:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 3 Feb 2013, Thomas Dickey dickey-at-his.com |lynx-dev| wrote:
<snip>
According to the changelog, I added ASSUMED_COLOR in 2.8.3dev.23,
and DEFAULT_COLORS in 2.8.6pre.4 (though the code used the feature
since 2.8.3dev.18).

But I made the color-style configuration the default in 2.8.6 - consensus
was that it was an improvement.  Occasionally (this past month is odd with
_two_ comments about it) someone asks about it.

The oldlynx script in lynx's samples directory makes it look almost the
same as the non-color-style.  (The "almost" is because links don't
paint just the same way...).  According to the changelog, I added the
DEFAULT_COLORS setting to help with the oldlynx script, which looks like
this:
<snip>

Ok. As I said, I don't think the packagers of my rpm really intended yellow text on a white background, so I'll just say it is happening in the default configuration and that setting DEFAULT_COLORS to false gives the black background that their lynx.lss specifies. I'm not really fussy about the colors as long as I can make out the text. The oldlynx settings would be ok, as would the colors that I think they were trying for. I just don't think lynx should come up unreadable by default.

Thanks again,

Stephen Isard