lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] web filtering for LYNX

From: Keith Bowes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] web filtering for LYNX
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 19:03:35 -0400

Je 2012-05-02 je 11:34:18 (+0100) John Galloway skribis:
> I have been asked by a parent if it is possible to apply family
> filtering settings to LYNX so that he can confidently let his son use it
> as his preferred browser and know that he can filter out undesirable
> content, as with family filtering using Norton Antivirus on Internet
> Explorer.

You could use a firewall and/or proxy to filter incoming URLs.  Though,
as Thomas said, Lynx is a text browser, so it's not like you're going to
be getting a lot of malware ActiveX or anything.  And you can adjust
your mailcap to disable image viewers.