lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Some characters not being removed when new page loaded

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Some characters not being removed when new page loaded
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 04:22:46 -0400

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 08:18:05PM -0400, Keith Bowes wrote:
> Je 2012-04-03 je 15:33:43 (+0000) Thorsten Glaser skribis:
> >
> > Also, try xterm – almost all other terminal emulators are buggy.
> >
> I've had much better luck with urxvt than xterm.  xterm just seems a
> little too buggy (the line rarely clears correctly, the indicated cursor

odd (actually I have test-scripts which show the opposite).
A specific case would be helpful for discussion.

> position isn't always right, etc.).  Besides, urxvt displays more

...likewise, a specific case

> Unicode characters (e.g. in Mutt, some email subjects come up as blocks

that's one (fontsets, mainly for TrueType fonts which rarely cover a useful
set of Unicode characters).  I ought to work in that area.

At the moment I'm working on an area that urxvt doesn't cover.

> in the place of certain characters in xterm).  Plus, xterm is 16-color,
> where urxvt is 88-color (though both have 256-color modes that can be
> used via the TERM environment variable).

actually the default "xterm" entry uses 8, but as you note, there are
entries for 16/88/256.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net