lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Help with ubuntu lynx-cur and ssl

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Help with ubuntu lynx-cur and ssl
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:04:05 -0500

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 10:42:32PM +0100, Hans-Stefan Suhle wrote:
> Is there actually an easy way for me to compile my own openssl-version of
> lynx under xubuntu?

It is not hard.  I do this in most cases.  For Debian/Ubuntu, I first install
"apt" (rather than use the desktop program...).

Then I install the development packages that are used in lynx.
For example

        sudo apt-get install libncursesw5-dev openssl libbz2-dev zlib1g-dev
gettext

After that, it is "only" configure (with suitable options), make and install.
For the configure options, I recommend at least these (which should work
given the apt-get command above):

        --enable-ipv6
        --enable-nls
        --with-screen=ncursesw
        --with-ssl
        --with-bzlib
        --with-zlib

If there are problems doing that, I can advise you...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net