lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] DISABLED form submit button

From: David Dorward
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] DISABLED form submit button
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 20:50:51 +0000

On 5 Feb 2012, at 17:08, David Schroeder wrote:

onclick="$('submit').disabled==true?$('submit').enable():$('submit').disable()"
<input class="form_submit" disabled="disabled"

The problem is when I check the "I agree" button, the form_submit is not enabled.

Is there a way to make this work in lynx? I tried with lynx-2.8.5-28.1 and 2.8.7.

The webpage is, unfortunately, written in such a way that it depends on _javascript_ (instead of using progressive enhancement[1]). Lynx doesn't support _javascript_ and I'm not aware of any extensions that add such support. I vaguely recall a discussion a while ago that suggested the architecture of Lynx didn't lend itself to adding JS support (or rather, DOM support which most in-browser JS depends on).

You could use a proxy server that rewrites the form to remove the disabled attribute on the way through.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_enhancement

--
David Dorward