lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps

From: Mark Skilbeck
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] A possible modification to Jumps
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 22:41:24 +0000

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 08:35:36PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> well... a "jumps" file is a definition-list, which doesn't have a
> way to specify by itself any parameters.  Back to your original
> suggestion, it's not clear how lynx is to choose the text that
> is substituted in the "%s".  For instance (assuming that lynx is
> going to inspect the url and see that it has a place to add a parameter)
> is it going to
>       a) prompt for input
>       b) pick the data from the current anchor
>       c) whatever

Well, my initial thought was that and text following the first space in the jump
would be used as the query, but obviously this would break current
configurations. I do like option a, prompting for input if a "%s" is found in
the jump URL. What do you think? I think it would be a useful addition, as a lot
of what we do with the web is search.

I haven't written the patch yet - busy, busy, busy!

- mgsk.