lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx does not check charset on reload

From: Stanislav Brabec
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx does not check charset on reload
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:14:25 +0100

Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 04:20:26PM +0100, Stanislav Brabec wrote:
> > Hallo.
> >
> > lynx-2.8.7 (rel. 2) does not check charset header for changes on reload.
> >
> > It causes page corruption in following situation:
> >
> > 1. Enter URL.
> > 2. Server has problems and returns an error message with a dumb charset
> >    (ASCII, ISO-8859-1).
> > 3. Reload page.
> > 4. Server returns correct page that has a different charset than the
> >    previous error message (e. g. UTF-8).
>
> I see... Is this something that's easy to reproduce with a particular
> server?  (If not, I'll have to set something up to be sure I'm fixing
> the right thing).

No. The server where it occurred presents errors rarely. If you send a
patch, I guess I will be able to confirm the fix in a week or so.

You can change configuration of your server between reloads, or you can
use apache MultiView feature and rename file from .iso8859-1 to .utf8.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: address@hidden
Lihovarská 1060/12                            tel: +49 911 7405384547
190 00 Praha 9                                  fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                    http://www.suse.cz/