lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] lynx.{browser,isc}.org – aliases or independent? (was Re: Fw

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx.{browser,isc}.org – aliases or independent? (was Re: Fwd: two lynx issues: lynx.isc.org appears to be down, mirror site mistake)
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:43:14 +0000 (UTC)

RJ Partington dixit:

>out lynx.browser.org with updates. *ahem* But if someone wants an
>account to update the page and host files, let me know.)

How about making it a CNAME to lynx.isc.org ?

I think that would reduce confusion in the long term,
unless lynx.isc.org will have more downtime in the
future, in which case using lynx.browser.org as a
backup site might¹ make sense.

① I say “might” because it doesn’t work out with
  mirbsd.de as mirbsd.org backup site either; for
  pretty similar reasons incidentally; the owner
  is often unreachable, slow in responding; the
  management interface was unreachable, or I lose
  access to it; the forwardings change suddenly,
  etc. so I’ve been thinking about making the two
  domains (fully, except SSL certs, obviously)
  equivalent. If someone wants to comment on the
  pro vs. contra points of this, you’re welcome;
  privately if this is off-topic for lynx-dev.

bye,
//mirabilos
mirabilos: und dein bootloader ist geil :)    23:29⎜«mikap:#grml» und ich
finds saugeil dass ich ein bsd zum booten mit grml hab, das muss ich dann
gleich mal auf usb-stick installieren   -- Michael Prokop über MirOS bsd4grml