lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx via specific network interface
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 16:40:43 +0000 (UTC)

Pawel Chwalinski dixit:

>I am writing to ask about a possibility of having lynx run on an
>arbitrary network interface.

This is _probably_ job of the OS. (If someone knows better, please
do tell.) If you are on GNU/Linux, this will help:

ip r add to 5.6.7.8 src 1.2.3.5 dev eth1

This will tell it to use the local IPv4 address 1.2.3.5 and the
outgoing interface eth1 when connecting to the IPv4 5.6.7.8 (no
idea whether/how to do it with IPv6, only needed it recently in
a high-secured subnet in the datacentre, hence Linux).

I don’t even know if this is generally possible. I guess with
IPv6 one could bind to fe80::%eth1 locally, to try and force
going out over that interface, but wouldn’t be routed…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
13:47⎜<tobiasu> if i were omnipotent, i would divide by zero
                all day long ;)