lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx: Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection a

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx: Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:16:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010, Ignac Vucko wrote:

Hi Thomas,

How did you disable the useragent?

I tried -useragent="", but that didn't work either.

That's because there are two checks.  An empty useragent normally sends
a default user-agent string, but there's an additional feature that I
added about a year ago

        2009-05-25 (2.8.7pre.3)

which suppresses that entirely.

There's no command-line option (I'm probably going to add one - was also exploring a problem with my configure script...). It can be turned off in the options menu with this checkbox - but note that the corresponding feature (send_useragent) is normally not saved to .lynxrc:

 Send User-Agent header (!)       : [X]

To allow it to be saved to .lynxrc, you'd add

ENABLE_LYNXRC:send_useragent:ON

to lynx.cfg

...but it doesn't look usable for a -dump, since the option is initialized from the compiled-in definition in userdefs.h, and allows
overriding in interactive mode.

If you're able to compile lynx, then that's an easy change...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net