lynx-dev

RE: [Lynx-dev] 2.8.8d2 build error on linux, missing headers

From: Larson, Timothy E.
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] 2.8.8d2 build error on linux, missing headers
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:28:48 -0500

> Did the configure script not find existing OpenSSL development
> headers?

Evidently not.  Config.log says

configure:12593:17: ssl.h: No such file or directory

Line 12593 is the "#else" here:

#if defined(USE_OPENSSL_INCL)
#include <openssl/ssl.h>
#elif defined(USE_GNUTLS_FUNCS)
#include <gnutls/gnutls.h>
#elif defined(USE_GNUTLS_INCL)
#include <gnutls/openssl.h>
#else
#include <ssl.h>
#endif

I believe that indicates the error is finding ssl.h, not openssl/ssl.h (which I
have).

Possibly relevant lines from the end of the config.log are:

cf_cv_have_ssl=yes
cf_cv_header_path_ssl=/usr/kerberos/include
cf_cv_library_path_ssl=/usr/kerberos/lib
cf_cv_use_libssl=yes
#define USE_SSL 1

ATM I'm trying to find the part that checks which SSL implementation you have,
to find why USE_OPENSSL_INCL (which is what I think would be correct) wasn't
defined.  That should be more conclusive.

Tim

--
Tim Larson
App Admin, Intercall Production Services