lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] can't access gmail with 2.8.8dev1

From: sindi keesan
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] can't access gmail with 2.8.8dev1
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 02:59:22 GMT

Stefann Caunter is helping me with persistent cookies.
I sent him a bunch of pertinent files including Lynx.trace
and lynx.cfg and .lynx_cookies.

Cookies are saved to ~/.lynx_cookies, and they are found
and loaded when I use lynx 2.8.7 at sdf.lonestar.org
but not loaded with the version I compiled on my own computer
(eve using the same lynx.cfg).  When I compiled
I did not disable any options, and I think persistent cookies
is enabled by default in 2.8.7 and 2.8.8.  I posted
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/lynx-287-ssl.gz if you want
to try it.  ./configure --with-ssl --with-zlib --with-bzlib

Using a Slackware-7 based linux with glibc 2.2.5 upgrade.
Might this affect anything?

Works in >= 3MB RAM with swapfile, console mode.
I am hoping to set up old laptops for people who are scared
of computers to use for email, with lynx, and fastmail
as the start page.  Just hit Enter and read your mail.
We have free dialup internet all over Michigan.