lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx: SSL error

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx: SSL error
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 17:47:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Paolo Piace wrote:

Greetings!

I'm just new to Lynx and not having had any success with my posting on Ubuntu forum, Please allow me ask directly for your help. Here it goes:

I've this command line:

lynx -accept_all_cookies "https://us.etrade.com/e/t/invest/quotesandresearch?content=3&sym=BAC";

Lynx starts properly but before opening the web page it asks:

"SSL error:no issuer was found-Continue? (y)"

These might help (your Ubuntu probably already has the right files,
and you need only in that case set some lynx.cfg variables):

http://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.7/lynx2-8-7/docs/README.ssl
http://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.7/lynx2-8-7/docs/README.rootcerts
http://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.7/lynx2-8-7/docs/README.sslcerts

For instance, this works for me with Debian/testing:

SSL_CERT_FILE:/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

I'm clueless about this error. I answer Yes and the page opens properly. But...

I really need to positively skip that question. Two options:

1. Fix somehow the SSL error - How? 2. make lynx to open that page disregarding the SSL error - is there such an option for the command line?

Hope someone can help... Thanks in advance!

Paolo Piacentini
Windows Live? SkyDrive?: Store, access, and share your photos. See how.
http://windowslive.com/Online/SkyDrive?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_CS_SD_photos_072009

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net