lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx Viewer Inquiry

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx Viewer Inquiry
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:03:07 -0400

090515 address@hidden wrote:
> We are currently trying to study the text browser known as Lynx Viewer
> introduced in this link -
> http://www.yellowpipe.com/yis/tools/lynx/lynx_viewer.php
> basically to improve SEO on our site.
> We have already tried to execute one of our existing pages in the tool
> and we have noticed that not all page components are currently being shown
> on the output display.  With this,
> we would like to ask a couple of questions in relation to this tool:
>   1. What are the components of the page
>      that are currently being displayed by the text browser?
>   2. What are the components of the page that are not being displayed?

Yellowpipe appears to be an Internet Service Provider (ISP) somewhere,
which offers a public service of testing WWW pages with its own Lynx.
As it suggests, the best way of testing your pages is to download Lynx
& install it on your own computer.  If you send us the URLs of your pages,
probably someone (a volunteer) will test them for you & report back here.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca