lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] LYNX: how to make lynx FORGET file WAS protected (no longer!)

From: David Combs
Subject: [Lynx-dev] LYNX: how to make lynx FORGET file WAS protected (no longer!)?
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:52:43 -0500

Trying to download something.

Lynx correctly complains that it cannot -- permissions wrong.

So I ^z and fg into kermit and set the permmissions a+r.

Then I fg back into lynx, and try it again.

Same complaint.  (It's the OLD complaint -- it
 remembered it DID have wrong permissions.)

So I try ^R -- that's supposed to refresh things,
right.

No luck -- hasn't gone and gotten the NEW permissions
I've set.

Finally, I have success.

How?

By running a fresh lynx!

----

version> 2.8.4.rel 1

What should I have done to make the first lynx forget
what it once knew, and get the data fresh again?

Thanks!

David