lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Old Lynx - copyright status?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Old Lynx - copyright status?
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 06:23:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Patrick wrote:

I managed to find a copy of Lynx 2.0.9 some time ago, from 1992,
on the FilWatcher FTP search engine.  Won't compile for me [*many*
warnings, then a fatal error], but may be of historical interest
to some.  The source tarball is also just below 50webs' 500k
per-file limit, so I could put it there.

However, this version was released before it was placed under the
GPL.  So... whose permission do I need?  Do I need permission, or
has it already been given?

Does it have a README, or something like that?  (I'd grep for "Kansas").

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net