lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.

From: Patrick
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 00:30:27 -0700

Hi.  :-)

Maybe you already know about this.  After all it is a new
feature, so maybe what I'm seeing here is just a rough draft,
tossed in for testing purposes.  In any case I seem to be testing
it.

The feature itself works just fine.  Lynx saves and restores
sessions, writes to and reads from the file without any trouble.
It's only some of the `supporting framework' for this feature
that's lacking.

Tilde expansion doesn't work for SESSION_FILE in lynx.cfg , so
this fails;
SESSION_FILE:~/.lynx/session

but this works;
SESSION_FILE:/home/moi/.lynx/session

Anyway it does work for me, because I'm really the only user here,
but wouldn't for multiple users.  I don't think anyone wants a
global sessions file.

Also, I can't change the setting in ~/.lynxrc .  These lines in
lynx.cfg have no effect, at present;

ENABLE_LYNXRC:auto_session:ON
ENABLE_LYNXRC:session_file:ON

I still see;
                          Save options to disk: [X]
                 (options marked with (!) will not be saved)
[...]
  Auto Session (!)                 : [ON_]
  Session file (!)                 : /home/moi/.lynx/session____________________

on the options page.

Still, it looks like a good idea, and should be very useful once
the details get worked out.  :-)  It should already be useful to
some, if in a limited way.

Thanks again,

Patrick.
--
The only really good reason I can think to not release specs is
embarrassment on just how crappy some hardware out there is, or