lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] bookmark current page // linklist but no URLs?

From: Paul B. Mahol
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] bookmark current page // linklist but no URLs?
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:28:35 +0200

On 7/18/08, v4hn <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ev'ning everyone,
>
> first of all: big thanks to you guys
> for writing such a nice piece of software :)
>
> I'm using lynx for about a year now while trying to avoid a burning fox
> or other operation systems</irony>..
>
> I got two questions:
>
> _How do i bookmark the page i'm currently browsing?
>  In order to use 'a' to bookmark a link i need to select that link,
>  but there is no link to the current page.('a' doesn't work with the link
>  in the history)

When I press 'a' in lynx I got following prompt:

Save D)ocument or L)ink to bookmark file or C)ancel? (d,l,c):

So I just press 'd'

> _pressing 'l' prints out a list of all references on the current page,
>  but doesn't give away their URL sometimes.(?)
>  In example `lynx freshmeat.org` + l gives me a long list starting with
>  > 1. in freshmeat.net RSS feed
>  instead of http://feeds.feedburner.com/freshmeat/feeds/fm-releases-global
>  which would be the URL of that one. Since this is an external link even,
>  i suppose the fact that the URL is not shown may even be security relevant
>  for url-faking..

No, URLs which are already visited and are in lynx cache will instead of URL
links show title of linked document.

>  So is there a way to switch that (imho nasty) behavior off?

No, but you can build lynx with  --enable-addrlist-page and instead of 'l'
press 'A'

A           ADDRLIST      like LIST command, but always shows the links' URLs