lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Does lynx have a publicly available repository ?

From: Sébastien Hinderer
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Does lynx have a publicly available repository ?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:31:57 +0200

Hi, and thanks a lot for your quick reply.

Thomas Dickey (2008/06/29 11:00 -0400):
>> I'm wondering whether lynx has a publicly available repository.
>> The format of its ChangeLog suggests me that it is maintained as a CVS
>> repository, but I couldn't find it.
>
> no - it's stored in a PRCS archive (on isc.org), which isn't publicly
> accessible.  The snapshots in the current-development area include diff's
> (patches).

Are there any plans to migrate towards a public repository ?
To me, this would make it easier for potential contributors to get thee
latest development version and then submit patches against it.

> I generally work from an RCS archive of sources on my home machine, then
> commit increments to the PRCS archive when making the diff's.  The
> "LynxId" keywords are from the RCS archive, while the other keywords are
> for PRCS (which, like CVS, uses RCS-archives for storage, though the
> mapping between filename and archive is obscure).

Since there already seems to be a cvs repository available on savannah
for lynx, what would you think about taking advantage of it and
using it ?

And by the way: although (I think!) I am subscribed to the list, I only
get your messages because you are sending them also to me personnaly, it
seems the copy that is sent to the list does not reach me, whereas I
receive correctly the messages I am sending to the list. Any idea bout
what may happen ?

Many thanks in advance for your replies,
Sébastien.