lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] what 'name' (useragent?) for 'I do frames'?

From: David Combs
Subject: [Lynx-dev] what 'name' (useragent?) for 'I do frames'?
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 14:22:53 -0500

Lynx does do frames, no?

Then what switch (option) to use to tell sites that
yes, this browser does do frames?

Thanks.

PS: Oh, currently I run lynx with these switches:

      lynx -cfg=~/lynx.cfg -useragent=Lynx 2.8.4rel.1 -vikeys -cache=60 -book

And here's the version I use:

                  Lynx 2.8.5rel.1 (04 Feb 2004) ([1]latest release)

   (Why that old one?  Because with the new one,

        Lynx 2.8.6rel.4 (15 Nov 2006) ([1]latest release)

     it comes up with colors that are readable only with
     *great* difficulty (darkish-blue against black).

       (That's the current version here on my "shell-account"
        ISP, www.panix.com, so we lynx-users use their
        still-around prior one.)

     Also, I don't know why, but panix support (pretty good
     at unix admin, C, etc) say that "fixing" the colors
     is way too difficult for them to do.
  )

Thanks!

David