lynx-dev

Re: Fwd: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: cannot build release-notes.txt of wireshark

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: cannot build release-notes.txt of wireshark sources
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:20:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Toralf F?rster wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 22. August 2007 schrieb Thomas Dickey:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Toralf F?rster wrote:

Hello,

the solution for my user account is to use the option " -force_html".
However neither root nor another test user account needs that option - it seems
to has somethig to do with my (mime ?) settings.

"lynx -trace" would produce a trace-file $HOME/Lynx.trace that usually
gives enough information to see what's going on.

The interesting difference between the working/nonworking traces is
where lynx uses the mime information to decide how to display the
document:

HTFormat: Constructing stream stack for desc=compiled to www/present ((null))
HTFormat: Looking up presentation for desc=compiled to www/present
HTFormat: comparing text/* and desc=compiled for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and desc=compiled for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and desc=compiled for half match
HTFormat: comparing text/* and desc=compiled for half match
HTFormat: comparing */* and desc=compiled for half match
StreamStack: found strong subtype wildcard match: */*
HTFormat: comparing */* and desc=compiled for half match
StreamStack: found strong subtype wildcard match: */*
StreamStack: found weak wildcard match: www/present
StreamStack: Using www/present
StreamStack: Returning "FileWriter"

The trace doesn't show the contents of the mime-types files, but I suppose
that's a good place to look for "desc=compiled":

HTFileInit: Loading default (HTInit) extension maps.
HTLoadExtensionsConfigFile: Loading file '/etc/mime.types'.
LYTildeExpand ~/.mime.types
expanded path /home/tfoerste/.mime.types
HTLoadExtensionsConfigFile: Loading file '/home/tfoerste/.mime.types'.

I attached 3 trace files, first 2 were created with command
"lynx -trace -stdin -dump < test.html" , for the user "tuser" lynx works fine,
for my user it was neceessary to force html.

The 3rd was produced under my account with option "-force-html".

--
MfG/Sincerely

Toralf F?rster
pgp finger print: 7B1A 07F4 EC82 0F90 D4C2 8936 872A E508 7DB6 9DA3

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net