lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.5 (pretty-src improvements)

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.5 (pretty-src improvements)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 14:15:23 +0200

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Mon 28.May'07 at  8:05:12 -0400 -=

>>> iirc, the detail I fixed was where the parser ate newlines.
>>> For the cases I was viewing (one of the ones you referred to),
>>> the pretty-source picture had all of the newlines rendered properly.
>>
>> Uh, how would you/I notice this, wouldn't this require to see the
>> raw data not fetched by lynx to compare it with what lynx does with
>> it? I always trusted on lynx preserving the raw source as it is. :-/
>
> I was running 'screen', with vile showing the file in one tab, and
> lynx in another. So (disregarding coloring), I could see that the
> files had the same text in the same positions.

You mean "_not_ same positions"?!
Because, when you could see that _before_ the patch, there wouldn't
have been an indication of something wrong?!

>> b) what kind of "cell" you mean here? (or you meant "call")?
>> I guess I don't understand the Style-Cache concept well enough.
>> AFAIUnderstood, it's only relevant for moving the highlight across
>> links, why would that affects passive elements?!
>
> iirc, the cache is keeping track of the style which was used for
> each cell on the screen (why, I don't recall finding out...)

... *scared of looking at that code again* ...
But eventually I guess I'll have to ... my problems _sound_ so
trivial to fix. I'll see what I can do.